UPDATE: The choking victim was released home from the hospital on Sunday. He still has a long road of recovery ahead of him and can still use our tefillos.
Original story continues below.
Dovid Aryeh ben Bracha, the nearly 8-year-old Lakewood boy who choked on Wednesday on a now-recalled candy, is now conscious, alert, eating, and talking, the family announced.
The news marks a miraculous improvement in the boy’s condition, after the choking – which left him without oxygen for several minutes and required paramedics to push the object down into his lungs – nearly killed him.
The family says that doctors hope to release him home on Sunday, though there will still be a road to full recovery.