Fire In Raintree That Seriously Injured 1 Caused By Discarded Cigarette

Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer announced that on May 4, 2024, at approximately 1:20 a.m., the Lakewood Township Police Department and Fire Departments were dispatched to a structure fire on Joe Parker Road.

Upon arrival, emergency personnel observed heavy fire coming from the front and back of the structure.  Occupants of the structure informed emergency personnel that a male occupant remained unaccounted for. The missing male occupant was located in the structure and rescued by an Officer from the Lakewood Township Police Department.

The male was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune for treatment of his injuries; he is listed in critical but stable condition.

The Officer who rescued the male was transported to Monmouth Medical Center-Southern Campus in Lakewood, where he was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

During the suppression of the fire, a firefighter suffered a cardiac event; the firefighter was transported to Ocean University Medical Center in Brick Township, where he was treated and released.

A thorough and extensive investigation conducted revealed that the fire originated underneath a screened-in deck attached to the structure, and that the cause of the fire was accidental due to discarded smoking material.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Assemblyman Schnall Sponsors Legislation to Reduce Mandated Busing Distances for Students

Assemblyman Avi Schnall is honored to join as a...

PHOTOS: Officials Gather In Lakewood For 33rd Ocean County Law Enforcement Memorial Day

Representatives from law enforcement agencies across Ocean County joined...

FIRST REPORT: Hatzolah Of Central Jersey Appoints Aaron Mueller As New Captain

Hatzolah of Central Jersey has appointed one of its...

Hatzolah Of Central Jersey Introduces 10 New Members Across 5 Towns

Hatzolah of Central Jersey on Wednesday informed its members...