A new safety rating for hospitals across New Jersey has just been released, with several local hospitals receiving a grade of A or B in the Leapfrog Frog Hospital Safety survey. In all, 47% of New Jersey hospitals got an A grade.
The survey reviews various safety metrics in hospitals, like medical errors, accident prevention, and injuries suffered in the hospital.
Local hospitals with an A grade:
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune
- Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch (not quite local but commonly used by Lakewood residents
Local hospitals with a B grade:
- Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood
- Ocean University Medical Center in Brick
- Community Medical Center in Toms River