The Lakewood Board of Education is seeking an individual to fill a single vacant seat following the resignation of Board member Bentzion Treisser.
The seat is for a one-year unexpired term that will end in December 2023. In order to complete the term through next December, the person appointed will have to file a nominating petition with the Ocean County Clerk to appear on the November 2022 general election ballot.
Requirements to serve as a BOE member are:
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of Lakewood Township
- Must be a registered voter
- Cannot not have a contract with or claim against Lakewood Township
- Cannot hold other elected positions
- Cannot have committed certain crimes and must undergo a criminal background check
Anyone interested in this position must submit their written request and resume by e-mail by 4 p.m. today, Wednesday, April 27th, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advertisement -