The Lakewood Police Department is seeking to fill multiple positions that are critical to public safety in our community and are a vital link between responders and those in need. Specifically, it is seeking individuals to handle call-taking and dispatch for Police, Fire, and EMS.
Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, have knowledge of computers, have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a busy and stressful environment, present a positive public image, work well with others, and be self-motivated.
– Valid NJ Driver’s License
– High School Diploma or Equivalent
– 18 Years of Age
– Must pass an extensive background investigation, drug test, and hearing test.
– 07:00-15:00 (dayshift),
– 15:00-23:00 (evenings)
– 23:00-07:00 (midnights).
Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
– Starting Salary $51,584.00
– Top Salary $77,914.00
– Shift Differential For Evening and Midnight Shifts (after the training period)
– Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal Time
– On The Job Training Provided
Applications can be dropped off at the Lakewood Police Department Watch Commanders Office