The Lakewood Board of Education recently hired Ray Cherboni as its first-ever Transportation Compliance Officer, a position in which he will be responsible for daily visits to both public and nonpublic schools to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
His responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all bus vendors are in compliance with their contracts for public and nonpublic students
- Ensuring that bus drivers are wearing a uniform shirt
- Ensuring that bus drivers are wearing their vendor ID badge
- Ensuring that bud drivers are following al state, federal, and local policies, mandates, laws, and procedures
- Ensuring that all bus drivers have two-way radio communication
- Ensuring that all bus drivers have working GPS
- Ensuring that all bus drivers have a working camera system
- Ensuring that all bus drivers have a cell phone in case of emergency
- Investigating, addressing, and documenting any safety or contractual violations to the Transportation Manager
- Conducting investigations regarding compliance requirement complaints from schools and parents
- Investigating bus stop complains (e.g. buses not showing up, coming late, being overloaded, etc.)
In addition to his new position, Mr. Cherboni is also a longtime member of Lakewood Shomrim.
- Advertisement -