JCP&L says its crews are gearing up for heavy rain beginning Tuesday afternoon, with localized flooding possible through Wednesday. Strong wind gusts of more than 60 mph are possible.
Prepare for outages before they happen by having the following items on hand:
- Fully charged mobile devices and car charger or battery pack.
- Flashlight, portable radio and extra batteries.
- Extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person.
- First-aid kit.
- Emergency supply of bottled water and convenience foods that do not require cooking.
View more storm prep tips.
If you should lose power, manage through safely by following these tips:
- Assume all downed or low-hanging power lines are energized and dangerous. Stay at least 30 feet away from the line and anything it might be touching. Report downed lines ASAP to 9-1-1.
- If using a backup generator for emergency power, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use it safely.
- Use a flashlight or battery-powered lantern for light. Use care when burning candles; open flames are a dangerous fire hazard.
View more power outage tips.
If you experience an outage, don’t rely on your neighbors to report it. Please let us know if you’re without power.
Report your outage and stay informed throughout the restoration process:
- Report your outage online. You can log into your online account to view the status of a reported outage, or view our outage map.
- Text OUT to 544487 (LIGHTS). Text STAT to 544487 to receive an update for your reported outage. If you’re not enrolled in text messaging, text REG to 544487 to get started.
- Call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).
- Customers with a communication disability can report an outage using the appropriate TTY/TDD relay service, online or text messaging.