Fire Damages Condo Complex In Toms River; No Injuries

At approximately 1:00 am Sunday, the Pleasant Plains Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at the North Pointe Hollow condominium complex.

Initially called in as a smell of smoke and natural gas, the situation quickly escalated to a structure fire upon arrival. Firefighters arrived on the scene where they discovered a fire in the bathroom of a first-floor unit.

The incident presented significant challenges to responding units due to hoarding/storage conditions within the unit. Firefighters from Pleasant Plains Fire Company, Silverton Fire Company, East Dover Fire Company, and Whitesville Fire Department worked diligently to contain the blaze for approximately two hours. The fire was contained to the unit with only minor smoke extending to the adjoining units.

The fire is currently under investigation by Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention Inspectors Carlin and Herbst. Initial findings suggest that the fire is accidental in nature, possibly caused by a small electronic device charging in the bathroom area.

Residents are reminded to exercise caution and adhere to fire safety guidelines, including proper storage and usage of electronic devices.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Assemblyman Schnall Sponsors Legislation to Reduce Mandated Busing Distances for Students

Assemblyman Avi Schnall is honored to join as a...

PHOTOS: Officials Gather In Lakewood For 33rd Ocean County Law Enforcement Memorial Day

Representatives from law enforcement agencies across Ocean County joined...

FIRST REPORT: Hatzolah Of Central Jersey Appoints Aaron Mueller As New Captain

Hatzolah of Central Jersey has appointed one of its...

Hatzolah Of Central Jersey Introduces 10 New Members Across 5 Towns

Hatzolah of Central Jersey on Wednesday informed its members...