Early voting for the much-anticipated 2023 general election has commenced in New Jersey. Lakewood residents have the option to vote ahead of Election Day at any of the ten designated early voting centers located throughout Ocean County.
The early voting period runs from October 28th to November 5th, with operating hours set at 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Here are the early voting centers available in Ocean County:
- LAKEWOOD: Municipal Building, Courtroom, 231 3rd St., Lakewood
- BRICK: Ocean County Library, 301 Chambersbridge Road, Brick
- JACKSON: Ocean County Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson
- TOMS RIVER: Ocean County Library, 101 Washington St., Toms River
- MANCHESTER: Ocean County Library, 21 Colonial Dr., Manchester
- BERKELEY: Ocean County Library, 30 Station Rd., Bayville
- LACEY: Lacey Community Center Room C, 15 E Lacey Road, Lacey
- LAVALLETTE: Upper Shores Library, 112 Jersey City Ave., Lavallette
- LITTLE EGG HARBOR: Ocean County Library, 290 Mathistown Road, Little Egg Harbor
- MANAHAWKIN: OC Southern Resource Center, Nutrition Hall, 179 S. Main St., Manahawkin
For those preferring to vote on Election Day, which falls on Tuesday, November 7, polling locations will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Residents unsure of their assigned polling place can utilize the NJ Division of Elections Polling Place search by entering their street address and ZIP code.
Additionally, vote-by-mail remains a viable option. The deadline for requesting a mail-in ballot is 3 p.m. on Monday, November 6. These requests should be made in person at the Ocean County Clerk’s Office located at 118 Washington St., Toms River. It’s crucial to note that all mail-in ballots must either be postmarked by 8 p.m. on November 7 or dropped into one of the 20 secure dropboxes scattered around Ocean County.