2 Children Burned, One Seriously, in Jackson Pool Mishap [VIDEOS]

The filling of a small inflatable pool in Jackson on Thursday afternoon took a terrible turn, with two children sustaining burns.

The incident occurred as a mother was helping her children fill up the family’s small inflatable pool in their backyard. With regular township water being too cold, the mother was using a hot water urn to pour some boiling water into the pool to heat it up.

As she carried the urn to the pool, it’s lid fell off, sending boiling water flying everywhere and hitting two of her children.

One child, a 3-year-old, was treated at the scene by Hatzolah before being choppered by RWJ medics to a burn center. The second child sustained less severe burns and was brought to a local urgent care clinic.

Parents and guardians are reminded to always be extremely mindful when working with hot water around children.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular